Lemons – Update

Repotted #2 22 days after planting

 

1-img_20160916_104207
Finally repotted #3 69 days after planting.  #1 still in the small pot

 

1-img_20160916_104750
#3 and #1, finally repotted, 69 days after planting

 

 After repotting, #1,2 and 3 look good.

#3 seemed to be falling behind in growth.  I decided to experiment with sunlight.  so I put #3 on the rooftop.

Then, out of no where, leaves started disappearing (#1, balcony)

 #3, on the rooftop, photos taken in the morning.  I removed the wormy things, flushed them down the drain.

#3, on the rooftop, photos taken in the afternoon.  New wormy things arrived and more leaves gone (left). Whats left after cutting off the eaten parts (right).  Not much, but I am hoping it survives.  I’ve sprayed it with some fertilizer to help it along.  

1-img_20161003_170941
Can’t protect them.  #2 on the balcony, least damaged but had a wormy thing today too. 

Oh the agony of removing these wormy things.  Popsicle sticks, bbq sticks, concentration and a steel-y heart (eep, most difficult!) that it goes where i want it to go (drainage!).  I’ve been advised to spray the leaves with a mixture of laundry soap, water and oil.  I hope that works to keep them away.

 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s